Sunday 23 November 2014

Our talented pupils



This week, as part of our annual anti-bullying week, the children were celebrating everyone's unique talents. Throughout the week, I kept bumping into children practising in preparation for their auditions in front of their class. As a result, this week's theme was 'showing empathy'. I spoke to the children during our Monday assembly about the word empathy and that it meant understanding how other people feel. 

I was so pleased to see all our pupils supporting each other when they nervously stepped up to audition later on in the week. 

I have have always known we have extremely talented pupils at our school but I never knew the range of talents they had. This week, I learnt that we have children who are experts at hair braiding, at tie tying, at keepie uppies and much more! On Thursday, I managed to catch some of the class auditions.
William from the Lighthouse and 3B performing his talent. He is an expert on famous London buildings.
Two talented artists in Year 1, Jayden and Lewis.
Bradley and Charlie in Year 6 are AMAZING at skipping!

I took a lot of videos of these talents but unfortunately this blog won't let me upload them. So watch out on the website as we will ensure they appear soon! Also watch out for the anti-bullying posters and a whole school poem that the children created last week.

Congratulations to all our pupils who either auditioned in front of their class or were chosen to perform their talent during our Friday assembly. I loved all our magicians, comedians, gymnasts, dancers and singers.

Many thanks,

Rona Mackie
Head of School

1 comment:

  1. I agree Miss Mackie. There are so many incredibly talented children at Guildford Grove!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.